Friday, March 7, 2008

An Open Letter to sale-598531176@craigslist.org



For a little context, here is the accompanying post:

Dimensions are: 20"Wide x 31"Long x 31"Tall Appraised at $169. Retail, several years ago. Table was in a Nolan Ryan Gatorade TV Commercial a couple of years ago. Was told this increased the table's value.


Whoever told you that that table was in a commercial with Nolan Ryan lied to you, took way more of your money than needed, then laughed at you while they told all of your friends how STUPID you are over a beer. Good luck selling this thing, you'd probably be better off trying to trade for magic beans.


That being said - I'm frantically trying to contact you right now. I MUST HAVE THIS UNDENIABLE PIECE OF NOLAN RYAN HISTORY!! I'm kind of broke though, so how about I just give you a picture of me and let you tell your friends we kissed once? Something about this ad makes me think that would be appealing to you. I can't wait to tell everyone I know that I have a table that was once in proximity to Nolan Ryan in a COMMERCIAL..... I'm gonna feel like the prettiest girl at the prom.


Love Always,

TSDL
P.S. For future reference, "beat to hell" does not equal "antique."

No comments: