Friday, December 5, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

Everything has been going my way today. Somedays are just like that. Usually I bitch and moan on here about things that bug me. But not today!

Woke up incredibly hungover from a night out with Our Next Door Neighbor, his roommate, Canadian Guinea Pig, her hot tall friend from Canadia, One of the Vandy Boys and his two coworkers. All I wanted to do this morning was go back to sleep. And I did. So I was 45 minutes late to work. When I got in, no one was around to see me come in then. Perfection!

Still hungover, I get to my desk thinking how much I need some coffee to make it through the day. I look down and some magical Christmas fairy had placed a starbucks giftcard on my desk! My head thanks you whoever you are. I still don't know who gave it to me.

Feeling a little better I get into my email, hoping I don't have a bunch of work to do. I have three emails from my boss, and they take 5 minutes total. Piece of cake!

We had gotten an email yesterday that today during lunch the whole office was going to be decorating the Christmas tree. Cute, sure. But I wasn't really up for it. Luckily my boss who is in hearings in Chicago called and needed a bunch of stuff done, so we worked through lunch. Got me out of mingling with coworkers. Thanks!

But then because I worked through lunch I was trying to figure out what I was going to eat now. Then I overhear that one of our other bosses just ordered pizza for the whole office. My day just kept getting better. Free lunch!

Got my pizza, and was just finishing at my desk when my thought became "Man, it would be nice to have dessert...I don't really think a granola bar from the snack bowl is going to cut it." Then I hear our receptionist heading my way, and she delivers the tiff's treats that my contact at our copy place sent me. Sugar cookies with peppermint chunks. Copy man, I love you.

Work has been pretty hectic today though, one of those days that make you think "I could use a drink." Well lucky for me, our office is having a happy hour mixer with the other company on our floor at 4:15 in our lobby. So I am totally set. I just have to make sure I can drive home to get to our party tonight. But if a cab pulls up to me as I am headed to my car after work and offers me a free ride home then I will know that today really is my lucky day.

Please don't let today be my only lucky day. If I could get a lucky weekend the 13th-15th, that would be great. Thanks.

No comments: