Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TKD: The Chicken Little of Our Time

I'm trying to get used to Dallas. I've been venturing out during the day to run errands and learn how to get back and forth from my house. I wish this city would have straight roads, but no everything curves and merges and turns into one ways. I'm astonished I haven't been sideswiped yet.
I am going to have to agree with Venus on the bored thing. There is no one here doing something all the time. Everyone is working. I don't start work for another week and a half, and all I want to do is play. I want to find someone to play with me!
This weekend should be the perfect opportunity for the four of us to go out together and get our Dallas night life going, but of course I have to go out of town my first full weekend as a Dallas resident. My cousin, who I love to death, (he was one of the main reasons I went to school where I did) is getting married this weekend. So I will be in Houston for that. I don't particularly mind because it is going to be a bad ass wedding with a lot of my cousin's hot friends and plenty of booze. The timing just sucks.


On a side note:
Watch out for cranes. Tae Kwan Do (my guy friend from engineering who took TDK at school) came over to hang out at the pool with me yesterday for a little while. While laying out on the chairs, you can look up and see the huge cranes from the construction going on next door. TDK makes a comment about all of those cranes that have been falling on people in the news, and how those people need to be careful on their crane. Then today, I am working out and a guy comes in from the pool and asks if I am watching the news. Of course I am not watching the Dallas news, its still not relevant to me, yet I am watching E!. He says there are two news helicopters flying over our part of town and he was wondering what was going on. A few minutes later one of the leasing office girls comes in and tells me that a crane from the construction site fell on a man and killed him. Turns out it was a hook that fell off the crane that killed the guy, but are you kidding me? Close enough! TKD totally called it. I was way freaked out by all of it.

On a different note:
I need some sort of weekly posting. I probably could do conquest of the week or something like that at the rate I had been going, but I am going to try to turn over a new leaf in Dallas...So give me some ideas.

No comments: