Monday, June 23, 2008

My New Best Friend

I don't feel up to telling stories last night. I just want to introduce you all to My New Best Friend (sorry Venus, Nouns, GP, LC... you are all out... this guy is a keeper).

MNBF: "I like your gold Jesus sandals."
Me: "There is no way that Jesus wore gold sandals... that's just not his style... too flashy."
MNBF: "You are probably right, platinum then?"

MNBF: "Wait, you don't like hamburgers? That's unamerican."
Me: "I know, I've been told."
MNBF: "Can I at least have five minutes of your time to try and talk you into this?"
Me: "Sure"
MNBF: "Great, I only needed three."

MNBF: "Wait you paint?"
Me: "Yeah"
MNBF: "Will you paint a life-sized portrait of me and my room mate in head to toe denim standing back to back."
Me: "Sure, but something that ridiculous is really going to cost you."

MNBF: "You know Budweiser is the King of Beers."
Me: "Don't you feel like that is a little presumptuous? That's like calling yourself the King of Awesome. Wait, you'd probably love that wouldn't you."
MNBF: "No way. There's no way I'd want to be responsible for an entire kingdom."

MNBF: "I am a very intelligent person, I just can't spell."
Me: "Fair enough, everyone has their Achilles Heel."
MNBF: "Don't try and be so ostentatious."
Me: "Oh my god, please try and spell that. Come on, for sheer entertainment value."
MNBF: "uhhh... I think its u-r-a-n-a-s-s-h-o-l-e. Something like that, I might have left out a hand gesture or something."

MNBF: "I'm anti-anti."
Me: "What does that even mean?"
MNBF: "I can't really explain it"
Me: "Seriously, I think I've got time. Try."
MNBF: "I just really hate people who hate people just to hate people."
Me: "See, that wasn't so hard. A little absurd, but not that hard."

MNBF:"We have Sunday Dinner."
Me: "What does that consist of?"
MNBF: "Me and my room mate go out to dinner every Sunday and take turns buying."
Me: "Just so you know, that is a man date.... and IT IS PRECIOUS."
(apparently MNBF had not ever realized that he had been dating his room mate because this revelation BLEW his mind.)
MNBF: "NO...NO... THAT IS NOT A MAN DATE."
Me: "Do you light candles? Go somewhere with violins playing in the background. Take a nice warm bath together afterwards?"
MNBF:"Seriously... this isn't funny."
Me: "You are right, I shouldn't be mocking young love. I wish you all the best."

MNBF: "We are recording Harry Potter right now."
Me: "You wouldn't kid a girl about a thing like that, would you?"

MNBF: "You, ma'am, are gorgeous."
Me: "You, sir, are drunk."

2 comments:

Christine M. said...

Laughing OUT LOUD!!! This man is funny. And you are funny. And the two of your are even better with your powers combined. Who is this dude??

These Shoulders Don't Lie said...

Just some stranger that GP and I happened upon. I unfortunately didn't get his phone number and he does not have mine, so the possibility of our friendship is purely based on the probability of his room mate wanting to hang out with GP again or pure chance. But I feel like the universe isn't even capable of keeping us apart. It was meant to be.