Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Drunk Food

So I am back from Europe and the one thing I have been craving more than anything is cottage cheese. I love it, especially when I am drunk.

Well no one in my house eats it, so of course there is none in the fridge after I get home from a 12 day trip, and I hadn't had a chance to run to the grocery store to go pick some up. However, tonight after drinks with Boat Party and her roommate at the campus bar I decided I must have cottage cheese, now.

On my way home from the bar, I stop at the grocery store. I love that mine is open 24 hrs, especially for emergency cheese situations such as this one.

There is something I didn't think about, though. Gross creeper men stock the shelves at midnight, which is a very very boring job. So me going in there in my jean skirt and boobs hanging out gave them something to break the monotony of their job. Lucky me. I got in, got my cottage cheese and then got in line....

Oh the line...the guy in front of me had about 25 items in his basket (not too bad) for which he proceeded to read the entire label of each one before placing it on the belt. Seriously. He ready both liters of orange juice. Both of his chuck ground meat packages. His seafood salads. His pineapple yogurt four packs (checking each individual cup). But crazy doesn't look particularly crazy - he's in khaki pants and a top, looks about 25, has a nice haircut, there are no signs that this dude is nuts. I can't understand it.

I look around to move lines, but there is only one other one and it is forever long. I guess everyone had caught on to the the crazy guy but me.

The poor checker dealing with crazy guy calls another checker to the front, thankfully. I move two aisles over and get out of there. As I am walking out the doors so is crazy. I turn to look at him as he breaks into a run and then hops on his cart to ride to his car. Even though he made it take longer to get to eat my cottage cheese, I had to break into a smile when I saw that.

No comments: