Wednesday, November 5, 2008

36 minutes!

The day started off busy with two calls from my boss who is in Chicago with the lawyers before I had even gotten into the office. It was a little unnerving, but we got through it. It only took us about two hours to handle what he needed.


Then I found out that the other case I had been working on settled. This was a curse and a blessing. I was glad I didn't have to look at the plans more than the 13 hours I already had, but that was the only project on my agenda. So I was left with nothing to do.

Here is how I have spent my large number of unbillable hours so far today....


Checking Perez every 5-10 minutes for new posts.
Checking D-Listed every 15-20 minutes.
Playing Scrabble on Facebook with a coworker of mine who's last day is today, so after she leaves I really will be in desperate need of work.
Reading Overheardinnewyork.com (today are the Wednesday One Liners, my favorite)
Facebook stalking.
Texting HD.
Myspace stalking my half brothers.
Counting down the minutes until a Smoothie King break at 3:45. (Its Double Stamp Thursday)
Getting my work email on my iPhone - because obviously I get sooo much work email...
Figuring out when and where Drummer is playing next.
Clicking to my work email anytime anyone walks by my cube so that it looks like I am "working."

So all in a very exciting day.

No comments: