Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I want my 9 minutes of sleep back

One of the Vandy boys came over to the Brothel last night, plopped down on the couch, and asks "What's up with you and Mr. Wonderful?"
Way to cut right to the chase. However, if I knew, I would have answered him. Mr. Wonderful made his first appearance on the blog back in mid-July. It is now October, and I am still clueless as to where we stand.
We had a talk (initiated by him) at the three week mark or so, where he informed me that because he had just gotten out of a serious relationship, he needed some time before getting back into a new relationship (when we met she was still in the process of moving out of their apartment, and boxes were still there the first time I went over there). So he said that what we couldn't progress past the point we were at, at least for the time being.
Well, it's two months later, and I feel like we are closer than we were at the three week mark, but I haven't had the balls to ask him about it.
Anyway, that was more of just an update and background for the next part of the story that happened this morning.
Crap. Another background type thing. So the other day I was at the dealership waiting on my car, and I decided to go through my pictures in my phone and choose pictures for for my friends' profiles to show up when they call. I probably did about 10-15 people. For Mr. Wonderful's I put a picture of me and him. Aww, so cute. Whatever. I also changed my background on my phone. It is a picture of Shoulders and me, from the same night as the picture I put of Mr. Wonderful and me on his profile.
So at 6:45 when my alarm on my phone went off this morning, Mr. Wonderful reached over to the nightstand (its on his side of the bed) to hand me my phone. I saw him do a double take at my phone. And my heart sank. I only saw part of the background picture and for some reason (it was early) I thought I had inadvertently put the picture of him and me as my background. So for my whole 9 minute snooze I just lay there wide awake trying to figure out how to play it off. Because what normal 26 year old guy, who is "just dating" a girl wants to see a coupley picture of them on the background on her phone? None.
I couldn't believe, later when I checked my phone background, that I had doubted myself. I am not the super mushy girl who gives the guy in her life a love song ringtone, or writes his name as her last name when she doodles. So I have no idea what the double take was for, I could have been imagining things. But atleast it wasn't because he got spooked.
So anyway, the talk will happen when it needs to. I am fine with just letting things play out, for now.

No comments: