Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good morning!

This morning at 2:45 am I got a little surprise...

A drunk dial from drummer! He knows I now live in Dallas, and there was no chance I was going to drive three hours for a late night hang out. He just wanted to chat; how sweet.

When I answered, I didn't have a chance to disguise my sleepy voice to feign alertness. I got a little reality check when I realized that he is still living the fun carefree life, while I am engrossed in the corporate world. But then I remembered I am making a lot more money than an unknown drummer, so I am okay with it. Money is all that matters right?

Good thing Mr. Wonderful didn't stay over last night, and instead went home after everyone came over to have postkickball game drinks like the old tired man that he is. Otherwise that middle of the night phone call could have been kind of awkward for him.

No comments: