Saturday, May 10, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

Last week a very attractive man walked into our bar. I immediately call dibs. Shoulders later told me that it doesn't count if I don't death grip the arm of the girl I am alerting the dibs call to. But that's neither here nor there, Boat Party knew what I meant.

Anyway, I do a little lurk and smirk and we get to talking. This man turns out the be a drummer for a band. He's pretty cool and he gets my number. Some texting ensues and I made plans to attend a gig they were playing at our bar's sister bar.

The gig was last night. Vanderbilt is with me as my wingman and Shoulders arrives shortly after us. She had the audacity to think about not coming out, but she did. We listen to the band, or rather drink to the music of the band.

I find out my cousin is having his bachelor party on 6th tonight...fun times. I decided to say hi and meet them earlier rather than later when gross disgusting bachelor party things are sure to happen, and I don't want to see my cousin like that. We go say hi and have a drink. I love my cousin. Don't love his married douchebaggy friend who decides its ok to hit on Shoulders.

Interjection: Earlier the three of us had discussed our taste in men so as to not step on any toes when we were on the prowl. I have learned what Vandy likes, the exact opposite of what I do. So we are good there. I told Shoulders I hadn't figured out what she looks for.
"Its simple...do they have lips?"

So after my cousin's friend hits on Shoulders, she turns to me and says
"Now I have two requirements, lips and not married."

We bounce around between a few bars, and end up at the big beer bar. At this point I don't know much about what is going on. What I do know is that I have texted drummer to alert him that I left and for him to let me know when they are done. I needed some reward for being good and staying for most of the night..

As 2 am rolls around Vandy's law school "friend" appears with his near little person status buddy. They ambush Vandy, and she decides she is going home with them. Shoulders appears with a bandannaed man. I tried my luck with two boys standing at the bar earlier that Vandy said were hott. They were Juniors and bought me a bottled miller lite. You just don't do that at the big beer bar. So I was left with nothing but trying to wait for Drummer to be done.

Shoulders had her car so she agrees to drop me off at Vandy's where my car is. Together with Bandanna Man we all ride. I get to my car and take the long way home. 1 to avoid cops on the highway and 2 to kill time in case Drummer calls.

Here is the correspondence that begins at 2:42.
Drummer: Finished
Me: So what are you doing now?
Drummer: I guess heading home
Me: No. That's boring. I'm at 6th and Lamar. Let's hang out.
Dummer: Where?
Me: Don't care
Drummer: Well I need to know
Me: Need to know what. Where I'm going to pick you up or where we're going to hang out?
Drummer: Eitheq
Me: I have no idea what that means (Looking back that is obviously supposed to be either, but after a good long night at the bars it was jibberish to me)
Drummer: Which ever.
Me: I'm calling you

He gives me directions to his house. Its south south. I live north north. I don't do past the river, only for Vandy and she is only one block south of the river.
His directions make sense in my head, but I could not find the interstate. I hate South Austin. Yeah, I was that lost that I couldn't find the major highway.

at 3:21
Me: South Austin sucks.
Drummer: Yeah I know. Where are u?
Me: Trying to find [the road he told me to take off the highway]
Drummer: Your first exit
Drummer: If you past [road that I actually know] you're too far
Me: Its north of [the road I actually know]?

Drive some more and find it, exit the right road and then I call him per his instructions. He thought I wouldnt be able to handle all of the directions at once. He was right.

3:32 call, no answer
3:35 call, no answer

So I am down in southland awaiting further instructions and Drummer passes out on me. In his defense though 50 minutes has passed since he first texted me. But still, I was a little perturbed.

Me: You owe me..

11:01 this morning
Drummer: Oh man. I am so sorry. I cannot believe I past out. I feel really bad u drove down here. I do owe u..
Drummer: Im really sorry. I woke up on my couch earlier, i said to myself..u gotta be kidding me!

I told him he can make it up to me if he meets me out tonight. He said cool.

So tonight is my big graduation party with Realtor's cousin. The party is at my house and then the plan is to go dt afterward to drink more and celebrate the twins' birthday which is tomorrow. I told Bed Maker on Monday that he should meet us out too. But now I have changed my mind and I want Drummer. Can someone call Bed Maker and tell him for me?

Update:
Me: I have been all over the place today trying to get the house ready. It is crazy over here.
Bed Maker: I figured u were pretty busy, just wanted to tell ya hey and have fun tonight.
Me: Thank you. I don't want you to feel like I am stringing you along or anything like that. Its just I can't be as available as I was before. These next two weeks are going to be nuts with graduation, my birthday, Europe and moving to Dallas.Plus kickball and trying to make sure I spend time with all my different groups of friends I am leaving behind before I go. I just want to make sure you understand where my head is at.
Bed Maker: No worries, that's what I figured.

Now I know thats all very serious and mature of me...but I still did it over texts. Hopefully he got the message.

No comments: