Monday, May 19, 2008

Drummer Update

Last Thursday we did dinner and a movie. Kid would not touch me. You know when you go on a movie date there is usually hand holding. I was practically groping the hand rest in the attempt to get arm on arm contact to signal that I was okay with him holding my hand. Didn't work. He dropped me back off and I got a good night kiss. Thank God for that. Jeeze.


Saturday was the big university commencement for my graduation!! My Mom, Dad, Aunt and Uncle go downtown with me after the ceremony to have some drinks and do a few shots. Drummer meets up with us. Reread that last sentence: Drummer met my family. The five of us take a shot together along with Boat Party, BDV and Watch Out Friends among others. My family knows all of us are ready to move on and start bar hopping so they leave. All of us go to a bar together and get more drinks. Drummer is doing very well and socializing with my friends. He is talking with BP near me when I over hear BP say

"...and then she called Dibs!"

BP decided to tell Drummer about my pursuit of him. Thanks BP. Drummer gets this big old grin on his face and I felt my upperhand in the relationship start to slip just a bit. But only a little bit. Drummer and I then sketch off to meet up with some of his friends. Drummer tells me that one of his friends checked up on me with one of his buddies in engineering. This is how he said the conversation went.

Drummer's Friend: My buddy met a hot engineer. Do you know a girl in engineering named [only my first name]?
Engineer: Yeah, definitely. She rolls with hot girls.

So congrats Nouns, Venus, Shoulders and LC, he was talking about y'all.

This gets Drummer's friend all excited because he assumes he would be able to get with one of my hot friends. (He can't) So its needless to say that when Drummer and I show up without any of my friends he was a little dissapointed.

Anyway, thats pretty much most of the night. We bounced around to a few more bars and then we went back to Drummer's apartment.


Sunday I invite Drummer to be my plus one to BLT's birthday dinner/out downtown. He says yes. He was such a good date. No PDA at the start of the night. As we get further through dinner there are some hands on some legs, but thats about it. By the end of the night, multiple bars and BLT birthday shots later we are on to kissing in the bar. Not gross nasty making out in the bar, we saved that for the car ride back to his place. Anyway, I had a great time with BLT and her friends. Venus even made it to the end of dinner and downtown. I got caught up on the latest TB dirt, so that was good.
We go back to Drummer's apartment again, I had originally told myself that I wanted to be able to drive home at the end of the night because I knew Drummer had to be at work at 6 this morning and I really didn't want to have to get up then. But obviously we all know how little will power I have against my friend Vodka. Well I wake up this morning and notice its light outside and Drummer is still lying next to me. He called into work again. He also did this after I stayed at his place after bar crawl. I am such a bad influence. He must not have minded because we stayed in bed until 2:30 in the afternoon. Understand what I just said - we were in bed for 12 hours straight. Basically we woke up cuddled for a few hours and then took a nap. He is the best person to share a bed with. We get up and get moving to go get my car which is still parked where we had dinner. Its parked at a two hour meter. Oops. I feel like the $15 dollar ticket was well worth the night and morning I had.

Okay, so let me ask all of you a question. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?? I will only have an Austin address for something like 20 more days, and I will be in Europe for 12 of those. So what the hell am I doing going and getting a man friend? He knows I am leaving too. So maybe the question is, what the hell is he doing? We don't have any plans at the moment. I told him I might go to his show tonight, but so far I can't find anyone to go with me, and I am not about to go show up by myself. So it looks like I'm not going. I'll keep you posted with how this whole Drummer thing progresses, or hopefully degresses. But he's so great to me, so I'm torn. So we will see.

No comments: