Thursday, May 15, 2008

Condensed GP

More ridiculouness.

Venus, a bunch of 204 girls and I finally make it down town after multiple beers at the campus bar. There is a bar crawl going on with drink specials at three different bars for the different hours of the night. We make it to our bar where the first special is happening. Shots are bought and all is looking good.
Drummer and I had discussed meeting up at the bar crawl, and on cue he is there at our bar. We take a shot and grab a drink, then it is off to the second bar on the tour.
Luckily Drummer had gone on ahead with his friends because when I arrived at the second bar Bed Maker was standing there. As I am hoping he didn't see me, he walks over to say hi. Yada Yada Yada, akward conversation but its over. Lets hope thats the last chapter in that story.
Leave with Venus and two others over to the shot bar (not on the bar crawl) to see if our bartender friend is working there that night. He is not. Boo. Shots anyway.
I text drummer that we are going to stop by our bar before heading over to the last bar on the bar crawl stop. He meets us at our bar and at this point things get a little hazy. Its only 11:45.
I know I am pretty gone because I am holding hands with drummer as we move around the bars and I barely know this kid. More drinks of course. Someone said they saw me at the last bar and I looked to be in control so thats good. Get a message from LC the next day asking what happened to me and where did I go. Oops.

Break to next morning.

Wake up at 9:30. Figure out through context clues that I am at Drummer's. Check my phone - no missed calls, so thats good. Its raining and thundering outside, so I assume the Boat Party I was planning to attend will be cancelled.
Wake up again at 10 to call Boat Party and she informs me that it is indeed still on. Shit. I want to go, but I am supposed to meet people at my house at 10:30 and I have no car and look a mess.
So I shake drummer awake and he drives me back to Venus' where my car is parked. Oops. Car is not parked there. I have to call Drummer to come back and pick me up and take me to where my car actually is.
Get home at 10:40, not bad considering. BDV is already there, I told him I'd be 5 minutes. I was actually 15, but whatever. I throw my suit on, put my uniform (I have a kickball game to coach at 5) in my bag, grab a bottle of water and a yogurt and we are off. Its me, Boat Party, BDV, Taylor Swift (the boys call her that..I guess she looks like her?) and Watch Out Friends (aka Realtor's Cousin because he seems to hook up with all of my friends).
Everyone is hungry so we stop at a place for breakfast tacos. I grab a potato and egg, as well as a chopped beef sandwhich. When you are still wasted at 11 in the morning, a chopped beef sandwhich sounded perfect.
Get to the lake with plenty of time to spare. The four of them get out to start to drink. I curl up in a ball in the backseat of BP's truck to die. Last night must have really kicked my ass. Its about time to head to the boat and I know the only way I am going to get through it is to start drinking again. So I grab a beer and get started.
The party was a lot of fun, there was a slide and 2nd story jump off, flip cup and music. The best part was Watch Out Friends throwing up off the upper deck. He says he got a warm beer. I call BS. That time throwing up was funny, when BDV did it in the seat next to me on the way back to town with a window that wouldn't roll down that wasn't funny.
BP gets me to my game only 10 minutes late, which was impressive because the boat docked 30 minutes later than we had planned. Luckily I had texted my dad and assitant coach to get warm up started for me.
We finish warm ups and start the game and I am feeling pretty good. At one point I start to lean on a pole of the dugout and miss it. I didn't fall all the way down, but I had to grab at the fence to stay up. My assistant coach (16 and in high school) starts cracking up because she knew where I had been. Our other coach (40 something and a mom) has no idea where I have been and I don't want her to know, so my assistant and I try to play it off like one of the girls said something funny and thats what we were laughing at. I love her.
Get home with full intentions of going out again, but take a nap first. Naps are the kiss of death. Once you lay down there is pretty much no way you're getting up again. Needless to say I bailed on BP and WOF.
I had been texting with Drummer throughout the day and we decided to pick a night when both of us will not be pass out drunk so we can actually hang out. He suggested dinner and a movie. I think I can handle that.

No comments: