Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Venus goes on a date, hilarity ensues?

That's right....an actual date. I can hardly believe it myself. After about a week and a half of no-call from TB I get a text from him Friday afternoon as I'm on my way to the library (I don't want to talk about it....I'm STILL not done with school). The Suite 204 girls just happen to be in the car with me which I refuse to believe is a strange coincidence. Anyway, he says we need to get together and I just go ahead and tell him that Saturday night would be great for me. I no longer have the patience to be coy and cute. Forward and brash seems to be working out much better for me. Why try and be something you're not??

So TB and I go out Saturday night. Ten minutes before he is about to pick me up it starts to rain. Then, it starts to pour. THEN, 30 seconds before he is about to arrive at my house it starts to hail. I don't even let him come to the door....no reason for the both of us to get soaked and I make a run for his car. We went and had dinner/drinks at a place I had never been before so that was fun. Played pool and he kicked my ass. Which was definitely a good thing. I have issues with dating guys who are bad at sports (not that I consider pool a sport per se, but it does require skills that I think a guy should have).

All in all a really good date. No kiss at the end which was disappointing but I guess I'm not that forward yet. Besides, we had plans to go out with our respective groups of friends and meet up DT.

At this point I have consumed 3 beers at dinner. I get home and LC is studying at the kitchen table. I am soooo antsy. So I hop on over to the Tetco and pick up a 12 pack of beer. Start in on one of those and the Suite 204 girls pick me up. We pre-game in their room where i drink 2 more beers. I'm six beers in and have yet to make it DT.

We make it DT and I consume a "Cactus Juice" (Read: Everclear) an H-bomb and 2 vodka sodas. Then, we go to the bar where he and I met. We have been inside for maybe 5 minutes and I see him stumble in. That's right....stumble. Now keep in mind my drink count at this point. I should probably be on the floor, but for some reason my tolerance is through the roof (who am I kidding....anyone who reads this blog can tell why my tolerance is through the roof). TB is a goner. He's not a sloppy drunk....just clearly needs to go home and tells me so.

It's really nbd that he's wasted, but try telling that to a gaggle of drunk girls. I had put expectations on the night (Read: I wanted to DANCE!) and they had flown the coup along with TB's sobriety. Naturally, we all made a bit of a bigger deal out of the situation than it was worth.
Luckily, I manage not to act like a total drunk crazy and I say bye to him and go back into the bar where I stay for the remaining hour of the night and actually end up having a really fun time.

The next day, I am not worried at all that he won't contact me at some point. I'm not really sure why...I've never felt this confident about a guy's interest in me before. Sure enough I receive an apology text and we have been texting since (he and I both have our respective finance finals today, so we have been "studying" for 2 days).

Anyway, we will see where this all goes. I think I'm so calm about the whole situation because we both know I'm moving in 3 weeks. No pressure....hopefully just fun.

Back to the grind....I've already wasted too much study time on this post. Last final of my college career at 2....drinks directly after.

No comments: