Monday, May 12, 2008

Grown up? Nah

I have been pretty distracted with everything I have had going on lately. I think I overbook myself sometimes to keep me from myself.

Tonight I had some me time after drinks and a movie with Vandy because everyone else was unable to go with me to Drummer's thing tonight. It turned out to be a good thing..

I got to watch some of my DVRed shows from tonight and just chill. I got to thinking about how big of a deal moving to Dallas is going to be for me. I have never left Austin for longer than three weeks, and this trip to Dallas has no return trip booked any time soon. Its really scary to me.

Once OTH ended I switched it to a digital music channel to get ready to bed to. And of all the 100s of songs that channel is playing it happened to be my most favorite and immature song of the moment: Leavin' by Jesse McCartney. As soon as I heard it I knew it was fate telling to stop being such a sap and realize that I am 22 and what I need to be doing right now is Leavin'. Just because I am going to Dallas and have a real job waiting for me there does not mean that I have to grow up.

I had a momentary lapse, but I am back and ready to continue this crazy party that will be the next month of my life and embark on the craziness that will be my Dallas life after that with three amazing girls.

No comments: