Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Adults" At Play

Well I graduated college this past weekend. I'm supposed to be a grown up now I guess. This "real world" that everyone has been talking about doesn't seem so different from the...old world? Would you call it that?


I still get drunk most nights and this weekend was certainly no exception. I guess in the real world I just have more free time to get drunk without that nasty little thing of a conscience reminding me of my homework that hasn't magically done itself. Score! I could get used to this!


Mostly I am posting to inform the world that yes, you CAN in fact get Champagne at the Big Beer Bar. You have to talk to the manager to make it happen--something I didn't do myself, as I was in no capacity to even remember that we had to talk to the manager in order to get the bubbly, but isn't there always some kind of red tape to get through?

Tonight will be no exception to the rule as GP is having birthday festivities downtown. Debauchery (I'm actually beginning to think that word is overused by the general population, but what other word adequately describes our antics?) will ensue most definitely. Here is a list of things that will be on the radar and are likely to occur:

1. Shots
2. Vodka
3. Scoping out the mens
4. Dancing
5. Finding "our people"
6. More shots
7. Ridiculous picture taking
8. Blacking out at the end (or the middle?) of the night
9. Probably groping of some sort
10. Sore hands from holding a big beer too long
11. Conclude with shots

Should be a good time. I'm excited, especially by the thought of a mexican martini to kick off the night.

This weekend I will venture to Our nation's capitol to go to a wedding. That means a couple things to me, but namely: free booze. I'm going to party with Marines. It's going to be awesome. I should set some goals for myself like come home with a hat or something. I'll work on that tonight while I pack. Mostly I will ease any awkwardness by constantly having a drink in my hand. Sounds like a plan. I'm happy to see my nephew though, because he says funny things.

Anyways, the moral of the story is that I'm getting wild and crazy with my favorite peeps. And I'm excited.

No comments: