Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wink...I'll do the rest

Lets take a trip through yesterday.

Woke up in bed with a girlfriend of mine. Night three in a row I haven't slept in my own bed. Get up and we go to the river with boys from my high school some of their girlfriends and their girlfriends' friends.

Normally to float the river you take a 45 minute to an hour trip down I-35 to the Gruene, Guadalupe or Comal rivers. My good friend since second grade (we were on a dance troupe together when we were 7 called Sunshine Generation) decided we should go to a river near Boerne. Had no idea where that is, but it took us over an hour and a half to drive there. We get there, everyone buys beer. I buy mixers and a 99 cent coozie.

Its like this coozie was made for me:
One side - Wink...I'll do the rest
Other side - Lead me not into temptation, I already know the way.

Get on the river which is supposed to be a 2-3 hour float according to Sunshine, the first two or three hours were great. The last two and a half were hell. Girlfriend who's bed I woke up in had a boat party that evening and thought we would be off the river way sooner than we were. So the group that rode in her car had to paddle and kick and swim with tubes like maniacs to make the misery end sooner. All the while the other half floats along lazily with my camera and ID in their cooler (I don't realize this until way too late). We get in the car and Boat Party makes some calls and they say they can hold the boat for her until 7:30 at the latest. It is 6:15 and we are just leaving. Remember, over an hour and a half trip awaits us.

Thus begins the scariest ride of my life. Boat Party averages 90 on the ride back to Austin. Swerving back and forth across the highway two lanes at a time. Her roommate meets her at the boat with her dress and things and her date meets her there too all in the nick of time.

Here's the funny part - her date is my high school boyfriend who I dated for 5 years. I had been forewarned by about 30 minutes that I was about to see him, but he didn't know I would be popping out of the truck to hop in and drive his truck. There wasn't time for the two of them to park their cars and make it to the boat. Imagine his surprise... I loved it.

Just for the record I have no problem with BP taking my ex to the party. She has no intention of dating him, as no one should, she just needed a date.

We deal with the car shuffle situation and I get to my car to head home much later than I had been planning on as well. Talk to my girlfriend, Vanderbilt (she went to school there), and plan to meet her, Steve-O (mentioned previously by Shoulders, who is Vanderbilt's college roommate's ex-boyfriend) and his two buddies, from Dallas, for dinner at Guerro's. They are already on the waitlist at the restraunt when I am getting to my house and Guerro's doesn't seat incomplete parties, so all of those people are waiting on me for food.

Shower super fast. Shave, I had to, never know where the night will take me, and throw on a dress. As I am running out of the door my parents show up with the French.

The French include an old business contact of my dad's, his wife and a couple they travel with - all French over from France. So I am required to first kiss all of them on each cheek and then make small talk about graduating and jobs with French people who don't know very much English all while I know my friends are sitting and cursing my name.

Grab my passport in order to booze. Make it to Guerro's and immediately order a drink, and Steve-O orders a round of tequilla shots for the table. Much needed because I was frazzled as shit after my near death truck ride and hurriedly getting ready.

Eat, drink more and I drive us all downtown. This is when one of Steve-O's friends realizes he doesn't have his ID. Shit dude, come on. I'm like, I can try to talk you into our bar, but other than that you are screwed. Lovely man at our bar, that I adore, looks at me with empathy for my story but tells me that he can't let him in. I am crushed. This one is the cute one of Steve-O's friends, I really wanted him to be able to stay. Just as all hope is lost, our bar owner overhears what is going on and lets him in. Success!

Lots of drinks. Steve-O and Vandy are hammered, being nostalgic. The two other dudes are pretty worn out. They were all in town for a 90 mile bike ride. To which I would normally say, why? But it was a Shiner Bock 90 mile bike ride, so it made a little bit more sense.

The dudes are ready to go, and Steve-O and Vandy are probably on the verge of getting kicked out anyway. So I decided to drive everyone home at 1:15.

Normally I would have been very annoyed by this being the end to my night, but Bed Maker and his friends were having a party. So I drop all the kids off at Vandy's and head to Bed Maker's friends'. Hang out there for a while, but the party is pretty shitty. See some people from my high school. We call it the virus because people from my high school show up everywhere and they usually multiply quickly.

All of a sudden about 20 Asians pour through the front door. Bed Maker looks at me, I look at him, and we know it is time to go. He impresses me a little more each time we hang out.

Go back to his apartment and neither of us are very tired. So we watch Supercross. This movie is great to watch drunk at 3 in the morning. It is about motocross, so obviously the plot is easy to follow. But here is the main reason I love it - the cast. It includes Van from Reba, Sophia Bush, Channing Tatum, and...wait for it...Aaron Carter. It made me so happy.

Wake up this morning at Bed Makers (night four in a row I haven't slept at home) and realize I left my credit card at our bar. Damn it. Then I remember how many drinks I had bought in a failed attempt to seduce Steve-O's hot friend. Double damn it.

So here is the status of my three items from my purse that I use everyday:

Camera - San Antonio with Sunshine. Water got into the zip-loc it was in and it won't turn on.

Driver's License - San Antonio with Sunshine. Intact.

Credit Card - Our Bar, with a fat last charge on it. Luckily the graduation checks have begun rolling in. Couldn't have come too soon.

No comments: