Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back With a PSA

I know, its been like forever since I posted...but in my defense I just got done with a huge report at work blah blah blah...you don't care, and really neither do I.

Well last week at work, our marketing girl grabs me and takes me to this Bar Association Law lunch thing. Initially I think...score! Hot lawyer dudes and a free lunch on work? I am in!

We get there, and it is nothing like I imagined, they are all old. There is one decent guy at our table, but he has a wedding ring on - strike one. He brings a plate mounded high of like 8 enchiladas to the table and then cleans his plate - strike two. I don't really know what strike three was, I guess I just wasn't in the mood to give him another one. Its kind of like IM softball when you start 1-1.

Then this awful dude comes in late. He is the epitome of white trash and his greasy mulletted light denim wearing ass decides to pick the one open seat at our table next to me instead of many other open tables. He sits down and our marketing girl quickly scoots her chair over as far as possible to help me move away from him. After I have scooted over so far we are basically sharing a chair, I look over at his plate. Its just a plateful of fajita beef drown in salsa. No rice, No beans, no salad. Just meat and salsa. Sir, you sicken me.

Once I got through judging everyone at our table, I began looking around the room to judge others. Thats when I get to the point of this story which is my PSA.



It is no longer acceptable to wear claw clips! I just want to make everyone aware of this because construction lawyers in the Dallas area are not. Once I got over the abhorrant man next to me I found 5 women, in a room with 8 of which the marketing girl and I are two, who had their hair up with claw clips. It was amazing and disturbing all at the same time. I just couldn't believe it. These women make plenty of money. Why would they need a 50 cent hair accessory?

The marketing girl and I had to leave early to get back to the office, which rules my life, so I didn't get a chance to tell each and every one of those women the damage they were doing to themselves before I left.

That's why I am reaching out to all of you. Hopefully with some awareness we can put an end to the claw clip once and for all.

No comments: