Friday, September 26, 2008

three strikes and you're out

last night boat party "talked" me into going to a hockey game with some dude she met at a bar and his friend. clearly i agreed, it sounded like there might be free booze involved. then i realized (slash everyone informed me) that i was really going on a blind double date. YIPES

after the first period we go to get beers. i order a beer and boat party's 'date' pays for it? (i tried to give him cash but i'm pretty sure the wadded up ones in the bottom of my purse gave him the impression i use food stamps.) anyways the lady rings him up for 3 beers and some chicken tenders. no one ordered chicken. i lean over to boat party and our 'dates' and say "wow do you have to be retarded to work here?" judging by the looks on their faces these two are either the co-founders of best buddies or have a sibling in the paralympics. strike one.

aside from that, things were going pretty well until.....
my 'date' asks "did you meet [insert generic male name] this weekend?" blank stare... i repeat the name a few times and then he points to the guy sitting next to boat party. FUCK. strike two.

then he caught a glimpse of a text message i sent to watch out friends. it says "yea i'm kinda disappointed we didn't make it on the kiss cam considering i'm already picking out our kids' names." i cant really tell if my 'date' thinks i really want to have kids with him, or i really don't want to be sitting next to him, either way he can't be feeling good. strike three. i am out.

ps: on an unrelated rant, today is my birthday and one of my lovely co-workers bought me a cake... however some OTHER lady in our office is under the impression that it is her cake. despite it saying "happy birthday [nouns]" on it she just marched into my office (read tiny cubicle) and said "i'm about to cut my birthday cake, do you want some?" bitch.

No comments: