Tuesday, September 23, 2008

further proof that i am shallow and selfish

today i found myself lost in a text fest with my step dad. usually i shy away from any and all communication with him since we are both incredibly stubborn and usually wrong (makes for an interesting argument, trust). about 30 minutes into the conversation i realize that i'm just talking to him so he will

a) buy me a vacation of sorts (new york or vegas for new years?!)
b) send money for my birthday
c) tell my mom to do a. or b.

another 10 minutes into the conversation i realize that we are only discussing the differences in weather between texas and pennsylvania and abruptly end the conversation by saying, "i dont know how i feel about beer and chocolate together" (not sure how that ended it, but it did)

am i really this shallow and selfish? the answer is no. he is a STEP parent so i'm only half as shallow and selfish as one might think... BA-ZING

UPDATE: he offered to pay for my hotel room for a vacation of my choice. I WIN! i'm not shallow OR selfish, just really fucking smart.

No comments: