Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Like McGyver but With Booze

Yesterday at work I made the decision to treat myself to a pedicure after I got off. So I called up the nail salon I go to, and made an appointment with my girl. This nail salon is great. The girl I get speaks amazing english ( I swear when I talk to her on the phone you can't tell she is Asian at all), they give a really good pedicure, and they serve booze. Now that's my kind of place!

One problem - I was feeling really cheap, and their wine is, at a minimum, $6 a glass. When I am already paying $30 for a pedicure, I don't want to pay $6 more if I can help it.

So I come up with a genius idea - bring my own wine! I remembered I had 3/4 of a bottle of reisling left over in the fridge. Usually, I would just throw my bootlegged drink in a Ozarka bottle, seeing as how my usual vodka soda is clear. But that just won't work for wine. I decided to empty one of the Fresca's I have at the house and then I will pour it in there and take it with me. Genius!

So all day long at work I had been looking forward to my relaxing pedicure and can o' wine I was going to sneak in. I run home after work to change quickly and grab the booze. That's when I open the refirgerator and see -

THE WINE IS GONE!!!

I go to Nouns' room to inquire if she knows where my wine is. But she is passed out in her bed for her usual after work nap. I have to hurry and make my appointment, so I have no time to deal with waking her up.

I can't cry over missing wine, so I move on and figure out how to get booze into my pedicure another way.

Head to the lime bowl - they are all old - Vodka soda is out
Remember the Fresca I had planned to pour down the sink - Vodka Fresda it is!

Like Shoulders texted me earlier - You are like McGyver but with booze. It kind of has a ring to it.

So I make it to my appointment a few minutes late with a big glass of Vodka Fresca on ice with a straw of course. And my nail girl was none the wiser. Ha. I win!

Side note:
I found out later when I got home that the roommates had assumed Boat Party had left the wine from when she stayed with us for a couple of weeks. So they drank it while I was over at Mr. Wonderful's place eating the dinner he cooked for me and him. They promised to repay for the damage they caused by replacing the bottle for me. So we're all good, and the mystery was solved. And not to worry, Nouns and Shoulders, my Vodka Fresca worked out just fine!

No comments: