Monday, September 8, 2008

it is 1 pm, that is neat.

6:00 am- my alarm goes off

6:10 am- again.

6:15 am- i set my alarm for 6:45

6:45 am- i am halfway through my bowl of grits and beef jerky (judge me.)

6:46 am- i realize it is actually 7:46 am.

7:48 am- i run out the door whilst still putting on my shirt.

8:13 am- late for work. CRAP

8:14 am- the lights are off in my office, no one else is here yet. SCORE! there is already a pot of coffee made... weird but DOUBLE SCORE! and i somehow have the will power to walk past a table of donuts and kolaches... we'll see how long that lasts.

9:00 am- i give in to the kolache temptation

9:10 am- someone who i incorrectly assume has a better knowledge of computers than i do comes to install my dual monitors (so now i can read celeb gossip and check my personal email at the same time)

9:25 am- i sit in a meeting i know nothing about.

11:00 am- tech lady is missing. i have no monitors.

11:15 am- i give into the kolaches... again.

11:30 am- tech lady returns, asks me how to install the software for the video card... why are we paying her $75 bucks an hour?

12:00 noon- finally she finishes and asks to use the fax machine, i politely point it out to her and tell her dial 9 assuming all other functions of a fax are pretty standard.

12:15 pm- she is still standing at the fax talking really loudly about how she knows nothing about computers or printers (obvi.)

12:25pm- i hear her yell "OOHHHH you have to put them face down?!?! the girl that works here didn't mention they had a WEIRD fax machine." how is this my fault?

12:40 pm- i finally get to do some "work" i change the date on an entry in the database. i have no idea what this means.

12:45 pm- everyone goes to lunch. i am full from the 2 kolaches i gobbled earlier so i sit at my computer and read the company bitch.

and here we stand. these people pay me. they are silly.

No comments: